Chester New Comedian of the Year 2021
Chester New Comedian of the Year 2021 Sponsored by Concept Mortgages
Chester Comedy Festival 2021 has launched their search for the next Chester New Comedian of the Year sponsored by Concept Mortgages. The Grand Final will be held at the performance space in Chester Market.
To apply you will need to upload a short promo onto YouTube and send us the link in the application, it can be of a live performance or something to camera. Eight comedians will be selected to take part in the final which takes place on Thursday 15th July as part of the Chester Comedy Festival.
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges and will be awarded the coveted title of ‘Chester New Comedian of the Year 2021′ – in addition they will also receive a cash prize kindly sponsored by Concept Mortgages.
The competition is open to all comedians who have less than 4 years experience of performing before a paying audience.
All applicants will be contacted by Friday 25th June to confirm whether or not they have been successful in gaining a place in the final.
Entries for this year’s competition are now closed.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Read all the terms and conditions below and if you can comply with every one, click the register button at the bottom of the page to start your adventure.
Please read very carefully. Failure to comply with any of the rules may result in instant disqualification from the competition.
1. Entrants must be 18 or over.
2. Entrants must not have performed comedy in front of a paying audience prior to July 2017. (Maximum of 4 years experience)
3. Entrants must have at least 10 minutes of original material.
4. Entrants must confirm that they are available for the date of the final, Thu 15th July 2021.
5. Entrants will meet all of their own travel and accommodation costs for attending the final.
6. The organiser’s decision in all matters relating to the running of the competion including initial selection of contestants is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding decisions made.
7. All initial communications will be by email. Please ensure your contact details are correct and your email address is valid and monitored.
8. No contract is made or implied by the submission of a registration form nor the acceptance of an entry other than as contained in the above terms and conditions.
9. Entries will be dealt with on a first come first served basis. All entrants shall be informed either way by Friday 25th June 2021 as to whether they have been successful in gaining a place in the final.
10. Your personal information will only be used as part of the registration process and for contacting you about the event. Any information on unsuccessful applications will be deleted. Your information will not be given or sold to any other organisation or person.
If you are happy with the above conditions, please click Register below and complete the online application form.