COVID-19 Control Information
Chester Comedy Festival – COVID-19 Information
Please read this page carefully, particularly the section regarding the purchase of tickets. As it appears it will still be necessary at the time of the Festival to ensure social distancing between groups we continue to advise that you only buy tickets for your own Household or Support Bubble. In order to allow us to maintain adequate spacing between groups, tickets will be sold in multiples of 2 up to a maximum of 6 tickets per transaction. Please note that tickets for the Reginald D Hunter show at Storyhouse are subject to separate terms and conditions which can be found on the Storyhouse website.
We are only able to hold the Chester Comedy Festival 2021 if we adhere to HM Government guidance on the control of the spread of Coronavirus in England.
We continue to study the Government guidance for entertainment venues. Should changes be made to guidelines it may be necessary to change certain arrangements in order to comply. Where we use the terms, “Social Distancing”, “Household” and “Support Bubble” these refer to the current requirements at the time of the performance.
At this time (June 2021) current Government guidelines require the use of face coverings whilst in an entertainment venue (subject to current medical exemptions). Please also see advice regarding testing provided by Chester West and Chester Council at the bottom of this page.
If at any time we are aware of members of the public acting in a reckless manner that we consider to be putting staff or other members of the public at risk they will be politely reminded of their responsibilities. If they continue to act in a manner which we consider to be putting others at risk they will asked to leave and may not be readmitted in the future.
Venues will be assessed for their suitability and audience numbers will be restricted to ensure adequate social distancing in line with the restrictions in place at the time can be maintained.
These restrictions are based on current regulations (June 2021). If Government guidelines change we may have to change these restrictions.
- Social Distancing outside of your Household or Support Bubble should be maintained at all times.
- All ticket holders on a single booking should arrive together.
- On entry to the venue customers will be required to use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Where possible seats will be set-up in groups to allow members of the same Household or Support Bubble to sit together. We request that seats are not moved in order to maintain social distancing from others outside of social groups. Stewards will be on hand to assist with seating arrangements.
- Seating will be arranged to allow the best use of the available space and to ensure adequate Social Distancing can be maintained. For this reason your preferred choice of seating position may not always be available.
- In some circumstances, for instance late arrivals, it may not always be possible for a Household or Support Bubble to be able to sit together.
- In order to reduce pinch points during intervals, each area of the venue may have a dedicated exit and entrance to be used once seats have been chosen.
These restrictions are based on current regulations (June 2021).
- All tickets purchased in a single transaction should be for the same Household or Support Bubble.
- All tickets must be bought electronically in advance through the website or by telephone from our official selling agent.
- In order to allow us to maintain adequate spacing between groups, tickets will be sold in multiples of 2 up to a maximum of 6 tickets per transaction.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for providing the contact details of all members of the party for Test and Trace.
- All tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions published by the official selling agent.
Advice on testing and isolation issued by Chester West Safety Advisory Group.
One in three people with COVID-19 do not have any symptoms and could be spreading the virus without realising.
The test for people without symptoms of COVID-19 is called a rapid lateral flow test. Tests are free and show results in around 30 minutes.
To protect yourself, family, friends and fellow event goers please take the time to test twice weekly, and particularly before you attend the event – even if you have been vaccinated.
You can get lateral flow tests in many ways including:
- collecting at local pharmacies or local test sites
- ordering online to receive kits at home
For further information please visit : https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/regular-rapid-coronavirus-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms or if you live in Cheshire West and Chester www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/testing
If your test is positive you must self-isolate and book a confirmatory PCR test at: nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling: 119. Please do not attend the event.
Screening questions prior to attending an event
Participants should be self-screening beforehand to ensure that no one who should be isolating attends the event.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Have you or anyone in you live with experiencing any of the symptoms relating to COVID 19?
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature and/or
- loss of, or change to, sense of smell or taste
- Have you tested positive for COVID 19 within the last 10 days?
- Have you been in close proximity within the last 10 days with any person who has tested positive for COVID 19?
- Have you been contacted by NHS T&T or relevant professional and advised to self-isolate in the past 10 days?
- Have you visited a foreign country on the red or amber list within the last 10 days?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you should be self-isolating and not mixing with other people.